Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Little Gem Derailed

I had so much motivation today to work on The Little Gem quilt. Got my sewing machine out, carried it and all the paraphernalia upstairs, set everything up and then guess what?! The sewing machine tried to eat a hole in the quilt!!! Once I finally got all the strains snipped without cutting a bigger hole in the quilt, I spent the next 30 minutes disassembling, testing and reassembling my sewing machine. Nothing helped, there is something seriously wrong that is causing my top thread to get tied around the bobbin spinney thing.

Very deflated, I packed that puppy back downstairs and looked up the nearest Brother Authorized Service Center. There is one just 9 miles away (Sew 'n Save, Brookfield, WI) and they have a service person there Monday-Friday AND offer free diagnostics. I will take it in Monday to see what needs to be done. What peeves me the most about this situation is I still have another 2 years of service warranty on the machine at Quality Sewing & Vacuum in Seattle that would make this whole "fix" free. But the warranty is not a Brother warranty and therefore not transferable to other non-Sewing and Vach stores :(

The good news is while taking everything apart, I found a portion of a needle I don't recall breaking, which ironically was not the problem.

No comments: