Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pinwheels Plus

My darling friend Becky asked me for help putting together a pinwheel quilt using her rainbow swap fabric.  I politely obliged and drew up a pinwheel project on graph paper complete with pencil colorings, dimensions and a picture tutorial.


I had planned on purchasing fabric just to make a few pinwheels for this tutorial. In a moment of weakness at Joann Fabrics, I decided I was going to make a whole quilt of half pinwheels and half nine-patch blocks. I purchased fabric in some "girly" colors just in case Baby #2 was a girl because my stash is all "boy" stuff.

I initially planned to use this quilt in a design contest on my quilting forum so I had not plan on posting the tutorial or photos of this quilt publicly. However, Baby Girl's arrival kept me from completing it so I missed the deadline.  So I have decided to post the resulting tutorial here.

This project is not complete yet but I will share what I have to this point and will follow up with more pictures as I complete the tutorial and quilt.

Tutorials:
Pinwheel Block
Nine-patch Block
Finishing

No comments: