Tuesday, August 6, 2013

August Goal: One Last Crack @ It

For my August goal, I am going to take one more crack at finishing Dyson's Rocket Quilt (see previous months goals).  I need to square it up after quilting and bind it.

Sad... I always buy, cut and iron binding when I buy the fabric for a quilt.  I normally use double fold french binding cut on straight of grain then iron it in half and roll it over a toilet paper roll for storage.  Unfortunately, I can't find any binding that was dedicated to this project nor can I find fabric so I guess it's time to go shopping. Who ever complains about fabric shopping, right?! Okay, maybe my husband :D



  A Lovely Year of Finishes

1 comment:

KimV said...

I sometimes get a bit lazy about quilting when the weather gets hot, so give yourself a break I'm sure a lot of us lets projects linger every now and then. Nothing like a trip to the fabric store to get you thinking creatively again. Make yourself a goal of having this quilt on your son's bed by the time the weather is cool enough to wrap him up in it at night. I'm sure you and he will be thrilled with it when it's done! :)

I keep checking back to your blog to see the finished project, looking forward to it!

Happy Quilting!
Kim V