Sunday, April 10, 2011

Where do I go from here?

This whole project has taught me many things both about quilting and loved ones. I am not quiet ready to talk about lost "loved ones" but here's what I have learned about quilting.

1. Time lines are just a guide, not an absolute because things can always go wrong.

2. Leave ample room around your borders when sewing on your binding (see borders drama).

3. Don't shed tears on the fabric while pressing.

4. Don't let a specific step in the process consume your time.

5. When working on a project for a ill friend or family member, work quickly!

Since completing this project, I haven't really quilted... the motivation just hasn't been there. I have been wondering, "where do I go from here?" After much consideration, I gaze over at my quilting stash and think... UFO's. I have at least three quilt projects that I started with specific persons in mind. I guess that's it. So here goes.

No comments: