Saturday, February 16, 2013

Mid-Month Check-in: M's Quilt

It's the 15th of February and time for my mid-month check-in for the "Lovely Year of Finishes" Challenge.



I have basted and begun machine quilting M's Quilt.  I stitched in the ditch around the pinwheels in a dark purple.   I am not crazy about how it looks on the back of the quilt and wish I would have used white in the bobbin but it's done and I don't think it looks bad enough to rip out so it stays.  I have stitched around all pinwheels but one.  That one lines up with the appliqué on the pieced back.  I will probably stitch around the appliqué on the back so that my stitching from the front does not obscure my lovely appliqué on the back.  

My plan was to stitch a vine like pattern on the green nine-patch blocks in a similar green color.  I  couldn't figure out how to make it work considering my limited quilting experience so the *new* plan is to stitch around the center green block of the nine-patch and a second larger square around the center square approximately 1 inch from the first stitch.

Lastly, I think I am going to stitch a large zigzag in the border, but I have been known to change my mind :)  I very much wish I had more machine quilting experience because I'd like this quilt to be perfect for my little girl.

Stay tuned for the finished project at the end of the month.

1 comment:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I love the colors you used... green and purple are wonderful together! Good luck with your quilting adventure & remember that it will be loved no matter what.