Saturday, February 16, 2013

Patch Abilities Class-Feb

I attended my first PatchAbilities class at Quilts and Things.  Most ladies who attend the class don't come to quilt but to socialize... since I don't have a whole lot of time to quilt at home, I brought my machine and started working.  Due to it being the first class and a lot of people not showing up, we were late starting the class.  I was able to get the background sewn together and the appliqué pieces cut out during the class.  If the next class starts on time then I can get more done during class time and that is my hope.

After the class, I came home and positioned my appliqué pieces and fused them.  I have not yet started the button hole stitch around the appliqués yet because the teacher told us to quilt it with just the top and batting.  I have never done that before so I am going in on Saturday for more instruction.  Below is a photo of what I have thus far.

We work on the piece for a few months ahead of the current month so that maybe it will get finished in time to use.  In February, we are working on April's hanging.

No comments: