Monday, August 20, 2012

The New Quilt Room

So we've moved again (it was actually 8 months ago) and I finally have my quilting room put together.  It is in a den area on the 1st floor.  While it doesn't have a closet, it has doors.  I like that I can work while my kids play in the next room but I can close the doors to keep them out of my stuff.  It doubles as one of our guest rooms but also a bed I can sleep in when I am up working too late.  So here it is->


North wall

Along the North wall, I have my ironing board, the family filing cabinet, twin bed, and my boxes of batting.

South wall

The East wall has nothing on it but a window.  My current quilting table is in the center of the room (foreground in the photo).  The South wall has my 4 project bins (UFOs) and my design wall (under construction in this photo).  My design wall will be 6 feet squared, covered in white flannel, and mounted on the wall between my project bins.  The West wall is the double doors.

I look forward to getting to work in my new quilting room soon :D




No comments: