Monday, September 1, 2014

September Goal

Don't know how I managed this but last year I forgot to blog about my donation quilt last year for Piece By Piece Quilt Guild's Donation Month.  The fabrics were donated by different individuals in the guild and our wonderful Philanthropy Committee created kits for people to take home and finish.  I chose a kit of purple and yellow to represent my love of the LSU Tigers but also the purple for domestic violence awareness.  The pattern that was recommended is called Rusty's Quilt.  It was super easy and I loved how it turned out! Here it is, turned into the guild for distribution at the sexual abuse interview center in our area in Oct 2013.


I've decided to use the same pattern again for this years donation quilt.  I found the below fabrics on clearance (blue/white was sale priced after coupon) at Joann's and took all that was left on the bolts hoping to put together at least one, if not two quilts this year.  They are due in October again this year.

My goal for the month of September will be to complete one donation quilt using these fabrics and the Rusty's Quilt pattern.


1 comment:

Jane Holbrook said...

Generous heart and sweet quilt. I like the combination in your current goal, too. Some souls will be warmed by the hugs from your gifts.