Sunday, January 10, 2021

2021 UFO Challenge

Over the last 5.5 years and through many moves, I have purged my quilting stash twice. The first round, I got rid of probably 10 UFOs and 3 Medium sized moving boxes of fabric, notions and random sewing projects. I kept only completed tops, completed blocks, fabric that had a purpose and a small shoe box of fat quarters. At the time, I was in such a rush to make everything fit into a new, smaller unit. Most of it sat in plastic bins in the corner of my bedroom until quarantine in early 2020, when I decided to redesign my bedroom into a dual purpose bedroom/quilting room. It then sat on my deck until I was able to clear a place in my shed for it.

I decided that since I am spending so much money redesigning my bedroom this year, that I needed to use the fabric/projects I have first. This lead to me searching for a UFO challenge similar to the one I had done previously. I found the American Patchwork and Quilting UFO Challenge and decided it was exactly the motivation I needed. To fill out the Challenge form, I opened 1 of the 3 remaining project bins I have. I only filled out the form with the first 11 UFOs I found and added 1 HSY (Haven't Started Yet). Luckily, my mom had organized the bins with many of my favorite project in the same bin, which is this list.




Each month the group picks a number and that's the project you work on.  I was still working on my list when they announced the January number (#7) and since I needed a project I wanted to work on, I decided to put my HSY on that space. It is a flannel quilt for my dad that I had already started buying fabric for. I am so excited to make a quilt for him especially since I have a completed quilt top for my mom going to the long arm quilter this month. So let's get started!

#apqresolution

No comments: